Anytime I have bananas that start to turn brown, I like to turn them into muffins. I have tried many recipes in the past, and have made alterations to them until I came out with the best version. These muffins are soft and delicious, and make a great snack.
This recipe makes around 10 medium sized muffins.
- 1 ½ cup All purpose flour
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl, use and electric beater to mix together the bananas, sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix together until batter becomes smooth.
- Grease or use muffin paper to line your muffin tray
- Spoon in batter until cups are filled to the top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins appear golden brown. Use a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean then it’s done.