Easy Delicious Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling cookies in.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream together butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in Egg until smooth consistency
- Stir in baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract
- Stir in flour gradually until completely mixed
- Scoop a tablespoon full of dough and roll into a ball
- Roll in granulated sugar until fully coated
- Place on non-stick or greased cookie sheet and press down flat.
- Sprinkle some of the remaining sugar on the cookies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden brown.